Chalet Patisserie Bakery
|Location:||Carole Park, Queensland, Australia|
|Scope overview:||Design and construction of the new baking facility|
Delicious new facility provides a fresh start for Chalet Patisserie
Chalet Patisserie, a Nestlé company, produces a large range of freshly baked and decorated gateaux, cakes, pastries and savoury foods.
The business was growing at a healthy rate, servicing the booming food service sector but the production facility in Sumner Park, Brisbane was unable to keep pace. The initial brief for Wiley was to help Chalet decide on a strategy for relocation of the factory.
Wiley prepared a concept design, identified the required site area, prepared feasibility budgets and made assessments of short-listed sites.
A site in Synergy Industrial Park at Carole Park was chosen and Wiley progressed with the design and construction of the new baking facility.
- Concept design of facility with a diverse product range and complex product flow of work in progress and product loops against the flow
- A design to meet Nestlé stringent hygiene and quality controls considering people, utensil and product movements as products move backwards and forwards through baking, chilling and freezing temperature zones
- Nestlé brief to achieve a high standard of presentation within a tight budget.
- Site evaluation and selection report including concept designs, budgets and review of short-listed sites
- Review of operation and advice on fire systems and selection of insulated panel systems.
- Complete facility design management including architecture, engineering and utilities
- Value Engineering Assessments (VEA) to Nestlé standard. VEA is a structured and analytical process which seeks to achieve value for money by providing all the necessary functions at the lowest capital cost consistent with required levels of quality and performance
- Design incorporating imported PIR panels and mineral fibre panels appropriate to identified risks.
- Process review and advice on good manufacturing practice.
- Complete responsibility for all construction activities including procurement of all materials, supervision of subcontractors and scheduling of construction, site safety and cost planning and reporting
- High standard of environmental management in compliance with Nestlé protocols.
Wiley achieved Chalet’s objective for a modern and efficient architectural form designed and build to a higher standard than a traditional food factory.
This state-of-the-art processing facility was completed in accordance with Nestlé stringent international standards and provides Chalet with an efficient and hygienic base of operations that will meet the needs of this high growth sector into the future.